- This event has passed.
Outback Sunset Carnival
August 21, 2021 @ 8:00 am – August 22, 2021 @ 1:00 pm
This is our 19th Annual Athletics Carnival held in conjunction with the North West Regional School Sport Selection.
Everyone is welcome to compete or just come along to support our awesome athletes – ages range from 4 years to 104 years!
HOW TO ENTER
Forms are also available from Palmers BP (John Palmer OAM) & Longreach Accessories Plus (Melanie Palmer – email@example.com).
Athletes may only enter in their own age groups, or for athletes aged 14 and above, may compete in OPEN events as well as their own group if of a suitable standard.
IF YOU WISH TO NOMINATE AFTER THE DEADLINE OF 13TH AUGUST 2021 – THIS WILL INCUR A FEE OF $10 PER EVENT.
LATE NOMINATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AFTER 6PM FRIDAY 20TH AUGUST 2021
Payments are to be made by cash, cheque, (made out to Longreach Athletic Club Inc-see below for address) or direct deposit (Westpac 034194 581303 ref: athlete’s name).
Longreach Athletic Club Inc
Ref: Sunset Carnival
PO Box 581
Longreach Q 4730
Athlete age is at 31st December 2021.
Athletes registered with ANQ, QA, QLAA, QMA
|Athletes 6yrs & Under*||$25 (total for maximum 7 events)|
|Masters & Open Athletes**||$35 (total for maximum 14 events)|
|Athletes 10 to Under 18s||$7 per event|
|*Age groups 6yrs & Under receive a participation medal|
|** Masters & Open Athletes receive a gift|
A $15 fee applies to athletes not registered or financial with an athletic club. Please ensure this is selected during the registration process and relevant forms are filled out and returned.
Refunds will not be issued for entries under any circumstances unless the meet is cancelled and not rescheduled.
Club athletes will compete for their registered club and wear correct uniform and registration bib numbers. School teams are to wear their representative uniforms. Independent athletes are to wear a plain coloured top.
IMPORTANT NOTES – READ CAREFULLY
- The 2021 Outback Sunset Carnival will be held on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd August, 2021 at the Longreach Athletic Track at the Longreach State High School Grounds, Plover Street, Longreach. First event Saturday commences at 9am and Sunday at 8am.
- ANQ age limitations and event specifications apply. Competition will be conducted according to ANQ and IAAF rules.
- Athletes in age groups 6yrs & under will receive a participation medallion. Athletes aged 7yrs to U/18 compete for placing awards, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Male & Female. Open and Masters Athletes will receive a gift.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn for all throwing events.
- Spiked shoes may be worn by athletes in age groups 10 years and above. Ages 13 years and above may wear spikes in all laned and unlaned events, jumps and javelin. Spike shoes must only be worn at the start of the event and removed before leaving the track or event area.
- Lane allocation by random draw. With the exception for High Jump, athletes 7yrs to Open 3 trials in field events with top 8 conducting a further 3 trials. 6yrs & Under 3 trials only.
- Entries close at 11pm Sunday 4th August, 2021.
- Event Duties. A carnival like this requires a lot of assistance to run each event. As is common with most regional carnivals, clubs who are participating will be given a field area to look after during the carnival.
- Hammer Competitors cannot compete unless signed written confirmation of competency by an accredited hammer coach is provided before the close of nominations. Declarations to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
All enquiries should be directed to the Carnival Coordinator – President: John Palmer 0407 654 343 or Carnival Registrars – Melanie Palmer 0427 736 648 or Bron Holland 0448 685 083)
Longreach Athletics Track
Longreach State high School Grounds
Plover Street Entrance
21st – 22nd August 2021
Entries close 11pm Sunday 4th August 2021