Each year different levels of government or private organisations provide funding to athletes to assist in travel, memberships, registrations, training, competition and much more. This funding is called a grant in which a grant application must be submitted to the organisation or government providing the grant. Meeting the selection criteria and submitting an application does not always guarantee that you will receive the grant. The following list describes grants available to athletes via local and state governments, sporting organisations, or via private organisations. Please click on the links for further information.
QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT GRANTS
- Fairplay Vouchers – Parents, carers or guardians can apply for a voucher valued up to $150 for their child, which can be used towards sport and active recreation membership, registration or participation fees with registered activity providers
- Local Sporting Champions – This program provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships
- Emerging Athlete Pathways – Currently applications can only be made and processed after participation at the event. Applications can be accepted for the events that have been held in the last 6 months
- Local Para Champions – This grant provides financial assistance for coaches, officials and competitors aged 12-18 participating in state, national or international championships.
LOCAL COUNCIL/SHIRE GRANTS
- Please contact your local council/shire for sporting grants information in your area