- This event has passed.
Level 1 Run Leader and 2 Recreational Running Coach
July 25, 2020 @ 8:00 am – July 26, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
COMBINED LEVEL 1 RUN LEADER AND LEVEL 2 RECREATIONAL RUNNING COACH COURSES – GORDONVALE
Athletics North Queensland will be running a combined Level 1 Run Leader and Level 2 Recreational Running Coach course in Gordonvale on the 25th and 26th of July. This will allow you to obtain 2 qualifications on one weekend. There is online work to be completed for both courses before and after the course. If you would like to register for both courses, please sign up via this registration portal.
PLEASE NOTE: A minimum amount of numbers are required for both courses to proceed. All appropriate Covid_19 guidelines will be followed.
LEVEL 1 RUN LEADER
The ‘Level 1 Run Leader’ Course introduces how to lead a recreational run group under the guidance of a Level 2 Recreational Running Coach or higher. In the course, beginning coaches learn the fundamental technique of running, the components of a successful run training program, how to design the warm up and cool down components of a session, the critical communication and group management skills that are required to be an effective coach, and the motivations of recreational running participation. Please click here for more information.
All participants are required to complete the following online modules prior to attending the Level 1 Run Leader course.
- Community Coaching General Principles
- Play by the Rules – Child Protection
- Online Modules: 2 Hours
- Reading: 2 Hours
LEVEL 2 RECREATIONAL RUNNING COACH
The Level 2 Recreational Running Coach course trains coaches to develop the fundamental technical and strategic skills for runners training for 5km through to ultra-marathon events. The course covers topics such as warm ups, endurance training, session planning, and designing training programs leading up to recreational running events.
Please click on this link for further information.
All participants are required to complete the following online modules prior to attending the Level 2 Recreational Running Course.
- Community Coaching General Principles (if not completed previously)
- Play by the Rules – Child Protection (if not completed previously)
- Play by the Rules – Harassment and Discrimination
- Level 2 RR Pre-Course Modules (My Pathway, Terminology and Sessions, Principles of Training, Intermediate Programming)
COST: Level 1 Run Leader and Level 2 Recreational Running Coach course combined price
ANQ registered members – $230, Non ANQ members – $465
WHAT TO BRING
- Pen and paper
- Sunscreen, hat, water and appropriate clothing for the practical component of the course
- BYO morning tea and lunch
- Foam Roller for Level 2 Recreational Running Coach course