- This event has passed.
NQ Champs – Shade Shelters
October 2, 2020 @ 11:00 am – October 4, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Athletics North Queensland must follow the approved NQ Championships COVID Event Plan to be able to successfully conduct not only this event, but future large athletics events.
The spectator area, where social distancing must be conducted at all times, is a high risk area to manage. For ANQ to be able to manage this space, without taking valuable resources away from the athletes on field of play, restrictions have had to be placed on spectator shade shelters.
Spectators are welcomed to bring shade shelters to the venue, especially as there is not much shade available. However the following rules will need to be followed:
- Must preregister and get approval to setup shade shelters by no later then Thursday 1st October.
- Clubs and/or a household allowed only (to assist with management of social distancing)
- Clubs are responsible for managing the social distancing of 4m2 for anyone that uses the shade shelter, for the duration that it is erected at the competition venue, and must have hand sanitiser available for user of the shelter to use.
- People from the same household agree that only people from that household, where social distancing is not required, can use the erected shade shelter.
- Must not use tent pegs or other items that penetrate the ground to secure the shade shelter. The shade shelter must be weighted down at all times.
- I agree that the shade shelter must be dropped/packed up at the end of each day of competition
- There is limited space at this venue. If space runs out priority will be giving those clubs / households that are required to be at the venue all day – because their athletes are competing.
If you wish to bring a shade shelter please click on the register button below.