- This event has passed.
WORLD & OCEANIA ATHLETICS GENDER LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
October 2 @ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The goal of the Leadership Program is to improve the quantity and quality of leaders (specifically women and other areas of under representation), support leadership development and encourage opportunities to progress around the world and to enhance the overall profile of World Athletics and the Oceania Area Association.
This is an opportunity to provide young female leaders with the skills, knowledge and understanding required to empower them to apply and take on leadership roles within their club or Member Federation.
Potential candidates can nominate by clicking on the link below but must go through a selection process by Oceania Athletics Association before final selection. Course Selection Criteria is listed below.
Nominations close on Saturday 3rd of October.
The seminar will be held online from the 20th October to 22nd October from 10am to 12 noon.
COURSE SELECTION CRITERIA
- Nominees must have a proven contribution to the work of their National Federation/Member Federation and dedication to their vision, mission and values
- Have confidence and the ability to motivate and inspire others and act as a positive role model?
- Have a credible background and area of expertise within athletics? (This can include being a volunteer on a club committee/coaching/officiating or other appropriate area
- Be physically able to participate in the delivery of practical workshops? Even though seminars are delivered in a classroom environment they will be interactive with a lot of participant participation
- You must promote athletics in a positive manner at all times and at all levels