- This event has passed.
Townsville Virtual Running Festival
July 31, 2020 @ 8:00 am – August 2, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
The 22nd Townsville Running Festival has gone virtual! Covid-19 has changed things about, but we’re still going to #stepoutstrong and run it in our own way and our own time. The event will run from Friday – Sunday to give participants as much flexibility as possible to complete their chosen run.
- Half Marathon
Here are a few quick facts about the 2020 virtual event;
1. All categories are $11 (this includes a $5 donation to our principal charity, Ronald McDonald House)
2. We have merch, it’s FREE, but it’s a lucky dip! If you live in Townsville, you have an option to pick up some existing stock from previous years the weekend after the festival. First in, best dressed if you’re coming to collect some. More details to come about this.
3. There’s an option to purchase ‘additional postage’ for entrants OUTSIDE Townsville who might want some of our existing stock from previous years. If this is you, please indicate sizing as well so our merch elves pick the right size when they go rummaging.
4. You must complete your set distance in one effort. Multiple uploads won’t be accepted eg; 12k + 12k + 28.2k for a marathon.5. You can choose your own course to complete the event. We have no set course and it’s up to you to manage your hydration, personal belongings, and nutrition. Our website has the 2019 course maps if you’d like to use them individually.
6. If you’ve already registered and would like a refund, please email email@example.com. There is also the option to transfer for free to our 2021 festival (details will be in the confirmation email you received when registering).
There are further details when you head to the registration page, including an updated waiver we’d like all entrants to read closely. Please bear with the committee as we work to bring you the best virtual event possible (we’re new to this as well!) We will endeavour to answer any and all questions as they come through but please allow us time to respond. We hope to see as many photos as possible of people completing their runs over the weekend and look forward to sharing results on the live leader board!